There was a time when front doors were fastened with a simple latch and padlock that came with a duplicate set of keys.
These were adequate safety measures to keep burglars away even when families left homes for summer vacations.
Today, it is difficult to rely on complex automated systems. However, practical safety measures have improved with the availability of tech-savvy best front door locks. They make a facade no less than a fortress for people who value privacy.
A door security system is ‘a must’ in addition to other protective measures for homeowners.
Dedicated companies design, develop and manufacture the best door locks for homes and establishments. These devices are successful in minimizing breakages and invasion of residential property, commercial enterprises, factories, and corporate houses.
The best front door locksets brands are inexpensive. They are opened easily with an arm full of grocery bags. Or, if personal codes are incorrect, a good locking system layer still allows primary access.
To help you shop with peace of mind, we have collected valuable insights on three best door locks for security. These brands are compliant with the American National Standards Institute grading system. The pros and cons of the best front door locks offer clarity.
Zeroing on the best brand
Current home security systems are changing the way people are keeping themselves, loved ones, and assets safe. Security products are a top priority in apartments, prominent societies, and VIP residential areas.
It is gratifying to know that contemporary door security systems can be installed on any type of material like wood, metal, fiberglass, glass, and even plastic.
The only way to understand your requirement is to decide the number of locations, i.e., the front door, back door, gate, and garage. Most people prefer to buy the same (brand) for homes and offices.
Check reviews online and additionally take professional advice. Calculated tips and complaint reputed brands offer the best front door locksets installation.
Depending on the level of security threat and other benefits, ordering online becomes a lesser time-consuming process.
Consider the following
The following reasons are just a few before opting for security devices in the market.
- Do you have young children being looked after by a governess while you are at work?
- Or are your hyperactive teens up to mischief in your absence?
- Maybe the neighborhood you live in is a little dangerous for your liking, and constant surveillance of the home is important.
- Some people need the best door locks for home security only for a short while – when the house is being painted, and the workers are unsupervised.
- Several property owners install best front door locksets when they rent the place to tenants.
- A celebrity mansion needs no other reason other than that to deter a home invasion by crazy fans or paparazzi.
The installation is always a one-time expensive cost. You have to weigh all the pros and cons before settling on the best front door locks and get an assured peace of mind.
A brief scan of this table showcases the three best brands with their features. You can buy them online at good prices.
Why should consumers choose from the above chart?
If you notice ‘keyless’ is a common feature in all of these popular brands. With technology, a keyless system ensures there is no duplication nor the disturbing thought of ‘losing the bunch’.
The smart devices have mobile access, voice control, and alarms as additional security layers. They are available online and can be ordered at reasonable prices. The designs add to the digital ‘touch’ to the front door. You owe an upgrade with the best door locks for home security.
Each brand meets the grading standards set by the American National Standards Institute grading system.
Now for the best: Reviews that matter!
With the research done by our experts, you can simply check out the best door locks for home security right here, right now. These three best brands enhance the level of reassurance.
Kwikset 92640-001 Contemporary Electronic Keypad Single Cylinder Deadbolt with 1-Touch Motorized Locking, Satin Nickel
Everything digital isn’t complicated. This device is compatible with all types of doors from where most burglars may try to break in! Such a lock intimidates them as automatic user codes are inaccessible. Service staff like housekeeping can use a temporary code to gain entry.
- Motorized driven deadbolt
- Single-cylinder with keypad operation
- Five incorrect codes alert the alarm. The keypad is disabled after 45 seconds.
- People who have concerns about being locked in during a fire can rest in peace. The grading system standards do not allow a double keyed deadbolt. Hence, the product is safe.
- Easy to install by those who understand programming
- Good battery power
- Keypads light up, ideal when accessing entry at night.
- If you press ‘keys’ in the pad quickly, the device ceases operation.
- Not suitable for outdoor installation.
Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt with Built-In Alarm, Satin Nickel, BE469 CAM 619, Works with Alexa via SmartThings, Wink or Iris
This is a great device for tech-nerds. It works with Alexa brilliantly. It has a lock cylinder on the outside. Users can store almost 30 personal codes. If your home is automated, this is an ideal device to install. You can stay up in bed and ask Alexa to lock the door and sleep tight. But do not buy this product if you live in a humid area like Alabama. The batteries go on fire mode!
- Z Wave technology for home automation
- It meets ANSI Grade 1 which is the best in America
- Has a durable resistive touchscreen
- Cool Touch Screen pad
- Ideal for doors with 1.37 or 1.75 thickness standard
- Warranty and guarantee
- Cannot be used with Lithium batteries
- It is compatible only with Honeywell L5100 and L5200 alarms with Z-Wave
- For a large family with children and housekeepers, the battery does not last long.
Honeywell Safes & Door Locks – 8712409 Electronic Entry Deadbolt with Keypad, Oil Rubbed Bronze
It is simple to use with a single touchpad and comes with 50 programmable codes. An alarm goes off if the user enters four incorrect codes. The designs can match any home style and door design. This is one of the most well-known companies dealing in security products across America.
- Led lights flash when the batteries need replacement
- Same key works on multiple doors
- Replacements for batteries given
- In areas like Oklahoma, customers have complained of batteries being drained due to condensation.
- Some doors may require bigger holes to get it fixed
Which brand would give you peace of mind and less hassles?
There is no doubt that external facades like main doors and gates require single or double cylinder deadbolts. Data collated from police show that burglars find it hard to jimmy open, saw through, or slice open deadbolts. Use this checklist to understand your needs before ordering online any of these brands or others that you prefer.
- Does the brand meet the ANSI Grade 1 compliance?
- Does the lock have a strike plate with screws and hardware installations?
- The brand chosen should be functional, so each member of the family can easily use it.
- Is a secondary locking system required as well?
- Good brands combine other digital elements with more security, like alarms, voice control, and mobile access.
While we have presented the best door locks for home security, you will need to take a call on which ones are suitable for your needs. Check the door measurements and other details like thickness, clearance from the gate/door edge, and its height before ordering any device. A professional might help to decide which brand will fit and offer practical functionality. Usually, doors with flat surfaces and less decorative paneling are the best to install locking systems.
A smart lock is the best way forward to secure your family and assets. It is important to understand the rating of all best front door locksets. Customers who are already using them offer insights. They recommend the best according to their experience.
However, it is best to visit the company website of the brand. Customer support for installation, replacements, or any other help is critical once the purchase is made. Upgrading your security with the best front door locks is a priority, and you need to decide how much you are willing to spend.
For instance, a box strike plate and a durable, long screw are important. A lock that is enabled by a mobile app is ideal too. Of course, these are more expensive, but you will have to think about the convenience and the security you deserve. You will have to pay the price for both.